View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 02:26 PM

Adam certainly cleared up a lot of it.

There are more well-intentioned reasons that sellers would dislike the idea.

Coming immediately to mind is that the sheer volume of cards being submitted will lead to things being lost/misplaced/damaged. Yes, the items are insured, but customers are looking to buy the cards, not to get a refund for lost or damaged goods. Involving more hands in what has forever been a much more straightforward procedure will increase the probability of issues. If there are any issues as a result of anything happening to items while in the possession of the authentication companies, that doesn't bode well for the seller in spite of it likely not being any fault of theirs. The customer gets annoyed and may not buy from that seller anymore. It may not be a rational reaction, but it will very well happen on occasion. Just more needless headache as a result of this money-making scheme.

As a seller, I actually care about my inventory and want my customers to enjoy their items. I ship properly and pack items as I would wish to receive them. Judging by the above Mecca, it appears that we are in for some inconsistency in how items are shipped from point B to point C.

I really think we should all sit back for the duration of this "promotion" just to see how many unfortunate stories we end up hearing about.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 06-15-2022 at 02:31 PM.