View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Graig Kreindler

I'm definitely curious as all hell to see how high it can go.

I do agree with Craig about the whole Rogers acquisitions making it possible to find another, but I still think this is gonna get a LOT of action towards the end. The fact that in terms of the hobby, it's gotta be one of (if not THE) the most recognizable images of any player, doesn't hurt the fact. Saying that this could rival the Horner portrait of Wagner in terms of significance and price isn't hyperbole, and certainly, something that iconic is bound to make a lot of people super passionate (especially those with deep pockets) as the clock winds down.

No matter what, if you're a photo collector, I think you gotta smile knowing that this will bring more positive attention to a part of the hobby that is still capable of growing by leaps and bounds.

And Craig, any idea where/when this photo was taken? Obviously it was before the start of the '51 season, and I've seen a lot of other photos of him from the same ballpark, but I've never been able to track down a date. That sort of info would be vital for a painting!

Graig