View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Default The Joe DiMaggio "Streak" Bat

Posted By: Robert Plancich

I would like it to be known that when it comes to this bat that I do not have any kind of "agenda" nor do I consider myself a "stalker' of Dave Bushing.

What really bothers me is the fact that we have situation wherein the "world's foremost" and "virtually only respected" authority (according to MastroNet,GAI and SCD Authentic ads and bio's) who completely refuses to answer any questions and/or provide any supporting documentation substantiating his claim of authenticity. An article was recently written by Mike Eisner (for collectibles.com and can be found under Mike's card reviews) wherein he states if "Dave says it's real, it's real" and that just about sums it up.

Before the article in the New York Daily News was published regarding this bat (the link for this article is included) I contacted Dave Bushing and he was very evasive about who owned the bat. I had to ask him three times and he finally answered back saying that he was "financially involved" with the Henrich family. I would like to post the emails from him (one of the rare times Bushing actually answered me back) on this bat on the N54 if someone could tell me how to do it.I would also like to post the emails from H&B and their legal counsel which make for intereasting reading if anyone is interested.