View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 04:57 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
+1

To each his/her own, as they say, but to me, a final production-run uncut sheet is much more "special" than a regular card. For my money, if I had a choice of owning the finest example of any card, or the same card in an uncut final production-run sheet with good eye appeal where there are no condition issues with that key card, it would be a no-brainer for me to select the sheet. That others disagree, I totally respect, and this is why collecting is subjective and so much fun.
Hi Corey

I share your sentiments.....sheets are certainly "special". My Sportscards collection includes many uncut sheets (from 1928 - 1966).
An example from my collection is this unique complete sheet.....that tells us the story of why certain FB cards in this set are scarcer
than others.

Regarding these two famous T206's.....there is NO mystery about them, they were both cut from the same uncut sheet.**
-----

Gretzky Wagner-------------------------------------Charlie Conlin Plank

Note ** My research indicates that the original uncut sheet that these two cards were on was first discovered in Long Island, NY (Suffolk County).
Several other T206 Wagner cards were also discovered in that area. This is not as unusual as it may sound, since Joseph Palmer Knapp (American
Lithographic Co. President) had a Summer home in Mastic Beach, Long Island.

TED Z

T206 Reference