View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 06:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Is SGC doing this for other sheet-cut items as a general thing now, recently? I don't keep up with grading land; I'm a slab cracker unless I'm keeping the card as trade bait. I don't recall seeing this done before in any generation of their slabs.

Another, separate note of interest about this sheet is that, apparently, it is said to have had 1 copy of most of the cards, as I recall. Yet over half the set isn't found with the T.T.T. backs (I believe we are at 49 confirmed of 50 suspected), which would generally have indicated to us that sheets had no more than that number of different subjects at most.

My only Ramyl's are an atrociously trimmed TTT O'Leary and a blank back (not skinned) of Rube Manning. They are gorgeous cards.
Again, connections can make these things happen, it doesn't make them right, but it's the explanation. Some submitters are more equal than others. Always been true, always will be.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-13-2022 at 06:42 PM.