View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 08:39 AM
James M.

I'm not denying that Bruce paid his dues, I'm sure he did back in the day. His working class background, and nights spent playing at dives in Asbury Park back in the day are well reflected in his vast catalogue of music.

I have a major issue with how the industry runs itself today. I can't fault Bruce for doing what he does, when it comes to his concerts and his ticket prices. The Ticket Master monopoly is a major problem, and acts as a gateway to get into events. It's something that's well documented. He could choose not to use this service, to sell his tickets but he does so anyway. I can't fault him, it's a smart business decision and people will pay. I would gladly pay for the ticket if I could, I just don't want to have to choose between seeing Bruce Springsteen or making rent for the month.

I'll say this much, I would've gladly seen him back in 1979 If I could. Unfortunately, I wasn't alive in 1979. That show predates my existence by about 15 years. Acts like Bruce, The Eagles, Paul McCartney, etc are relics of a past age, they're a dying breed. They still put on great shows, and I'd love to see them all, while I can, because I really love their music. I understand I'm not the main demographic that these bands are appealing too,Because I'm sure someone in their 60s probably has a lot easier of a time affording a $500 ticket. It just is what it is, unfortunately.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.