View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 06:35 PM
Frank Wakefield

If I were going to try to remove those, I'd first go buy a package of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. I'd have that ready for blotting. Repetitive blotting.

They are thin. I've not soaked one before, but they should soak, depending on what holds them to the scrapbook page.

If the edge of the less valuable of one of them will lift up slightly, see if you can dampen the edge of a piece of typing paper, then slide the damp edge of the typing paper in between the Butterfinger and the scrapbook page. The idea is to moisten that substance that holds them to one another. If it's flour paste it should loosen a bit. And if it does, then you should be able to soak that scrapbook page for a long while in a Pyrex dish that will accommodate the page laying flat. Every few hours gently pour out the nasty water and add some clean tap water.

Eventually they'll loosen. Then you must GENTLY rinse one of them off as best you can, and lay it on the cardstock.

Something to be aware of... BEWARE, the wet Buttercream will self-destruct if you aren't careful; think this through... the bottom two thirds of a wet Buttercream will me so heavy that it'll tear itself from the top third that you might be holding... so what to do? Gradually and slowly lift out a corner, not a side. slowly lift it out. That can give the water time to run off of the Butterfinger so it will be less likely to pull apart. Have sheets of cardstock ready to accept the Butterfinger. I think I'd rather have the cardstock at an angle, rather than flat. When the Butterfinger starts laying on the cardstock it will stick there due to the hydraulic tension, and depending on how you're moving the Butterfinger, you may find yourself pulling it into separate pieces. Go slowly...

If all of that scares you a bit, try laying an 8 x 10 piece of newsprint in water, then after it is wet through, lift up a CORNER, not edge, and lift it out of the water and try to lay it on cardstock.

One more concern. If you've not soaked off all of the paste, or if the water still has a bit of paste in it, then you may find the Butterfinger stuck to the cardstock. Don't try to work it off of there, soak it off.

If it isn't paste holding the Premiums onto the scrapbook page, then you probably can't separate them.

Slow, careful, gently... all after you have stuff ready. Todd makes good points above, and haste will have you frustrated with the damage that you can do to those.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 02-14-2023 at 06:37 PM.