Thread: Victor bat
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Don't misunderstand me: From a seller's perspective, it's GOOD to have more eyes on your items. Same goes if you're an auction house or eBay itself for that matter. More eyes = more bidders = higher prices = more money in your and/or your consignor's pocket.

My statements about keeping an item a secret are based on the premise that we're looking at things from a buyer's perspective, and they're all personal preference. If you want to blow trumpets and wave your pile of cash in the air as you drop it in the seller's pocket, you're certainly welcome to. Just keep in mind that by doing so you might have to deposit a bit more in the coffers.

Something else to consider in all this is that it's typically frowned upon (if not outright against the rules) for a seller to come on the boards and tout their own wares outside of the B/S/T section. Is it okay though to have your buddy come on and point to your item listed on eBay? I'm not suggesting that's what the OP was doing, but just something to think about.