View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 10:16 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Steve, I agree, these tax whine threads are repetitive and boring. There are some people who bitch about any and all taxes and tax processes, and some people who don't. And there are some people who prattle on at absurd lengths about it on a baseball card chat board. Anyone wanna play with cards?

Adam,

If you are going to complain, why not go after the real guilty parties in all this, the people who ask the tax questions in the first place!!! If they didn't ask, I and others wouldn't try to help and answer them. Just because you have your own situation all figured out doesn't mean everyone else does. I always thought the purpose of this forum was for people to converse and be able to ask and share information about the hobby and aspects of it that affect them. I know taxes isn't a direct hobby issue, but unfortunately, it is a part of the hobby whether we want it to be or not, so I would think in the end that taxes are a relevant issue that some forum members have questions about and want to discuss. Just because you don't have those same or similar questions and issues doesn't make them any less relevant.

I could very easily just PM those asking the questions, and not post in the threads, but I figured that would be a disservice to other members who may have similar issues or questions themselves. What I would not expect is those who then complain when someone it trying to help other members by "prattling on" and answering their questions and offering direction and advice, that they asked for, or to possibly correct erroneous information that others had posted.

Quite frankly, such complaints exhibit a lack of respect for those that were asking the questions, as though they don't deserve to have a response and get help back in return, and selfishness on the part of the complainers because since they don't seem to care or be as concerned about the tax issues and questions surrounding our hobby for themselves, they seem to believe neither should anyone else.