View Single Post
Old 07-18-2023, 04:08 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktmd View Post
Hi Hank, I had over half the set . 15 total of the 25 to completion. All that I have left now are Alexander and Johnson. I found a group of 9 that were folded in half about 15 years ago. I often see ones I once owned in auctions with the fold. All had the sheen you were talking about. The sheen can dissipate if the item is subjected to being in the light a lot. The 9 I found with the fold were in a guys fathers filing cabinet all folded in half but looking great otherwise. I not sure SGC's criteria on anything and certainly not S81 silks or for that matter S74 silks. It is also hard to tell from your scan as I dont think I see all the edges. Feel free to send me an email and check out our tribute site to. It does mention the larger silks as well
Thanks, Rick, I had mine framed so long ago, I don't remember what the top and bottom were like except that there was fraying to both, I'm guessing it looked something like your Alexander, all there but with fraying, and who knows what the TPAs would do with that, they probably don't know until they do it! Your WaJo looks like the ones I'm talking about without the silky sheen, but that could easily be the light. Your Alex is gorgeous, except for the fold, which I would never, ever, try to iron. Thanks again, Hank.