View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
Hi Brunswick,
Smartest move I ever made:
I paid $60K for my PSA 6 and $120K for my PSA 7. Those prices include BP. PSA had to retire my original PSA 7 SN and re holder with new SN due to a counterfeit example that was being circulated.
I am a big fan of eye appeal in all my cards. This iconic card will always continue to appreciate. This is not a 96 Kobe with 10 million Pop 10's There are millions of card investors who want a piece of the 52 Mantle and will always be looking to buy one. I turned down $185K for my 6 back in March.
Check out the PSA 8 in Memory Lane auction...... https://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/...e?itemid=60642 Chart buster
BTW....I graduated from Babson in 1976 with a BS in Accounting. Tuition was $950 a semester. Unfortunately I had to commute and lost so much of the college experience. But I did get to drive "Thunder Road" every day. I worked at an insurance agency as a bookkeeper on the corner of Beaver and Washington that later became a Bertucci's.
Dumbest move I ever made:
Investing a great deal into stem cell biotech stock back in 2010 called
Athersys (symbol ATHX). Had I put that money into AMZN and AAPL I would be retired instead of celebrating my 43rd anniversary as a CPA. I guess we all do stupid things.
Best of luck to you
Russ
$185k for your psa 6 52 mantle last March is a great offer considering a nice 52 mantle psa 6.5 just sold for $132k in heritage auctions last night.

Last edited by Jdoggs; 07-23-2021 at 11:49 PM.