View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 03:49 PM
Jeff

Default Just got scammed

I am the guy Leon refers to in the previous post. Let me explain so it does not happen to someone else.

I ran a WTB for the two T3s needed to complete the set (happy about that!!). A guy PMed me with an account named dwynejames889 (now banned by Leon) who wrote " Hello I’m sure my brother still have that for sale and the best way to contact is via email lynchchris872@gmail.com"

I have done numerous transactions on the BST and am trusting of people, apparently too trusting. I did not check when the guy registered or anything. My bad.

The guy sends me a pic of a Paskert which looked great but I could not enlarge it and asked for a back scan. He supplied neither a pic I could enlarge nor a back scan. First red flag missed.

Then he had a Zelle account that he shared with someone. Another red flag but not as uncommon as you might think. His name is Christopher Lynch and the Zelle account was to Jonathan Pearl.

We had agreed on a price of $220 and I even threw in another $5 for shipping. This morning he emailed and said someone else had contacted him and wanted the card for $300 so he needed another $50. That is when I started checking into his history and contacted Leon.

Only out $225 so not the end of the world but should have seen it coming. Do as instructed in previous posts in this thread and see if the person offering you the item has a successful history on Net54.

Happy Collecting!