View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 03:09 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Haha.... no horse, and no hook-hand. Just a well-covered receiver reaching up for a pass. Agree it's an unusual logo, but still more imaginative and far superior to the simplistic and "corporate" looking NFL logos of today.

Take the de-evolution of the Rams logo, for example...

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/...045697/photo/1
Ouch...Don't get me started on that one. I don't think it can get worse than the 2020 rebrand. They had it so right from the early 50s through the 70s. But it's too easy of a money grab to pass up. They know the suckers will re-buy everything with the new logo on it no matter how bad it is.

Now look what you did...You got me started.

Regarding the Raiders pennant...It's weird to me that the logo was still in use in 1965 yet that pennant is extremely rare. The Raiders have four "logo" pennants with the AFL trademark (well five if you count the white version Randy shared), more than any other team. They must've realized that logo looked like crap on a pennant and went with the more common Raider head with crossed swords instead...which may be the most common of the Raiders AFL logo pennants and yet sells as if it's very rare.

Last edited by Fballguy; 04-17-2024 at 03:31 PM.