View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM
John Startleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If you think they can spot altered cards as well as PSA and SGC, go for it.
Clearly my point is that there is more trust that BGS didn't make a mistake on authenticity than with buying a PSA slab that could very well be completely fake and/or tampered-with. Find me one instance of a completely fake or tampered-with BGS slab and it will be the first I have ever seen/heard of.

These PSA horror stories have been ongoing for a long time now and PSA has done virtually nothing of any substance to prevent tampering/faking. I mean, holograms? Come on. To me, this doesn't bode well for their brand in general, and long-term it is due for a huge decrease as people start to realize their product is the most easily faked/tampered-with. How can you trust ANY PSA graded card when it's so easy to fake them and/or tamper with them.

My point stands. I would rather have an authentic card in a BGS holder than a PSA graded card that you have no idea whether it is real or fake/tampered with. I know BGS is an inferior TPG, but their slabs are 1,000x safer. I mean, what good is your grading reputation when the slabs you put them in can be faked and/or tampered with? It completely defeats the purpose and undermines the "sanctity" of the grade.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 03-02-2016 at 11:56 AM.