View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 07:55 AM
Bill
Bi.lly Kru.pp

I appreciate all the responses. I’ve so far only completed a few sets, as I primarily chased singles of interest. My recollection from past efforts were that complete sets did pull a premium. As mentioned, maybe that’s changed due to ease of finding singles these days, a few of the mentioned reasons, as well as the particular set being chased. I recently started making some changes in my collection and decided to get more liquid to chase bigger wants. I seem to change collection direction every so often, so it’s swaying me from chasing sets with current approach. I’ll start taking the less popular approach, buying complete sets as a start point, then replacing singles from there. Started pricing a sell of my mid grade 54T set, was surprised by the huge difference in complete comps to singles. It should be closer in my eyes.

My sets are uniform throughout, as I do cherry pick from large lot and single purchases. That’s more why I asked the original question. A direct sales comparison between selling a set and breaking out those same cards, I figured the value would lean towards the complete set. But I see most don’t have my same logic.

Last edited by bks14sr; 03-04-2022 at 08:00 AM.