View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM
D@ve R1cks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
I have consigned two major cards with Bill and am not worried in the least. Per my experience, Bill does read his email, but can't respond to it all. Some people really don't like email and my guess is that Bill is one of them. When you think of it, there are some good reasons for that as it can be impersonal.

It is definitely a different style than using an auctioneer who is constantly on his toes, trying to make you happy. But if you can understand the laid-back vibe, then the one thing you can be pretty certain of it that eventually you will get your cards/check. So my advice is, no worries. Hakuna Matata!!!
Disagree. As a business owner myself I offer my own perspective: If he doesn't/can't respond to email, he should state that publicly on his website, or have an automatic email responder saying "sorry, but I might be too busy to respond to your message. Please call." Something like that.

He's running a business and has customers and consigners, and they deserve the dignity of a response to inquiries - whether they be email, phone, or whatever. Anything less than that is just poor customer service.

If he's too busy, then obviously he's understaffed and needs to get someone to do the job for him.

I think one can have a "laid back vibe" without ignoring people for days on end, which seems to be the case here.

That being said, I have bought from Goodwin numerous times and always received my winnings promptly. Have never consigned though.