View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Whatever their govt funded MSM tells them, they are onboard with.
Well, you see, it's (d)ifferent. If the event is in the interest of the left, it was okay because reasons.

Contra Costa County is right next to me. Gatherings of 12 or more were illegal but so were gatherings of people from more than 2 or 3 households (I don't remember). Having 3 or 4 of my pals over to play a game or chat or have a coffee was illegal. You were also supposed to stay masked even at legal gatherings with less than 12 people from 2 or 3 households.

Protests (formally called riots, setting fires downtown and looting stores as they did in my area, didn't used to be a protest, but now we just redefine words to mean whatever is convenient to the party at the moment. Protest, Vaccination, Recession all have new definitions now because the old ones were inconvenient to the party) in June were, of course, encouraged and held up as heroic acts. Even when I observed that most of these heroes assaulting local businesses were not wearing masks it did not seem to result in pearl clutching terror among the participants of the hysteria. But some of my family gathering for Thanksgiving was illegal, because that could spread disease. And through it all, of course, Trump rallies, unlike left-wing protests and riots, were super-spreader events. Because, you see, Covid particles only infect the non-believers or something. I can't keep the bullshit straight sometimes.

Lo, science works in mysterious ways.