Thread: CNN card story
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 10:48 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedWill1939 View Post
Read that this morning.

Very thankful I was did some heavy buying 3 yrs ago. I have done no buying since the pandemic. I few holes I wish I filled when I had the chance. I suppose I will be on the sidelines for awhile to figuire which way this will be headed or perhaps the ship has sailed and I am priced out for good.

I am a lowgrade collector, I can't imagine the choices some of the upper tier collectors are facing, as there is some serious money being thrown down.
I mostly go after eye appeal myself, Low grades have typically been my bread and butter. Especially as I reentered the Hobby in 2019. I think the term "Serious Money" is relative but I would tend to agree. Serious Money to me is anything over a few thousand at this point in my life. As I try to allocate money for a house, and sock some away for retirement. Before the Pandemic Boom when I saw a 52 topps Mantle in a 1, going for the 10K mark, I was saying to myself "I can defintely get this card in a handful of years, It'll be rough, but it's possible"

Now with a PSA 1's being listed for over 30K it looks less likely as of this moment. I say "As of this moment" because if there is one thing I've learned on here, specifically, it's that collecting is a lifelong Journey. Market will rise and fall, and sure it's very easy to regret purchases not made, but at the same time it is what it is.

I'm in it for the long haul, I'd imagine most of these "Invstors" and "Flippers" are not.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.