View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I had an eBay buy with guaranteed delivery of Dec 9. Dec 9 came and went. I checked tracking. I live in Kingsport TN 20 miles from Johnson City and 90 miles from Knoxville. Two Interstates pass me. Tracking showed the package left Kentucky on Dec 7, arrived in Knoxville Dec 8 went to Johnson City Dec 9 scanned once then scanned again 4 minutes later. Dec 10 it was scanned again in Knoxville. About 5 minutes later it was scanned again in Knoxville. Dec 12 it was scanned back in Johnson City. I received it Dec 14. Meanwhile I sent a note to the seller (whom I have dealt with before) saying I was going to leave positive feed back as this wasn't his fault and told him if he paid for guaranteed delivery maybe he could get a refund. His reply was that he couldn't and he had been getting less than positive feedback on delivery. He was very frustrated and said he was stopping all selling until Dec 28th in hope that by then things will have settled down. Incidentally I let him all 5's including arriving on time.
My son is currently a postmaster in Wisconsin and he has been telling me of the problems he has been having due to Covid sickness and mail volume. He also mentioned the load Amazon has put on his P.O. regarding deliveries. I asked him if he could get help from other P.O.'s but they are all in the same boat. Not enough healthy people available to keep things moving smoothly.