View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Here is a surprise. I've been waiting on a couple of card deliveries for about two weeks. One includes my 1960 Topps Rival All Stars, which is the first of the three Mantle cards I've gotten for the set. They both had a couple of days of dwell time at the OKC sort facility (which under normal circumstances turns packages around in a matter of hours.) They left there yesterday afternoon, so I figured that I'd get them Monday.

I checked today to see if they had been recieved at my local post office and they are showing as out for delivery. On a Sunday!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Christmas card and gift certificate I left for my mail carrier the other day.
Well, it was fun while it lasted. I was out clearing ice storm debris out of my east pasture when I saw the mail carrier stop at my box. I finished the tree I was working on and went to box about a half hour later and it was empty. Since they are probably delivering packages today, I have to assume someone is following the carrier around and stealing packages.

And the cherry on the sundae? The report mail theft link on the USPIS website doesn't work.