View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 02:24 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
Well, you all are welcome in advance, because I likely just popped the vintage bubble.

I've never spent more than $600 on a single baseball card before, but I've been slowly saving over the last couple years to buy a mid grade 1952 Bowman Mantle. I finally gathered what I thought was enough money recently, only to see midgrade (PSA and SGC 5's and 6's) 1952 Bowman Mantles are spiking right now.

So I had to decide if I should wait for them to come back down...or just go all in right now in case they keep going up and never come back to pre-quarantine prices.

So I bought an SGC 6 today.

And because of how my life works, I fully expect the market for 1952 Bowman Mantles to drop quickly and precipitously....starting today.
Congrats on pulling the trigger! I regret the things i didn’t buy infinitely more than the things i did. The way I see it, only one of 3 things can happen...1) it goes down (but you still have a sweet card 2) it stays the same (all good) or 3) it goes up....icing on the cake. Even the worst of the 3 doesn’t seem so bad for something that brings joy to your life.