View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Great stuff Todd, thank you!

I will say there are examples of 1915 road uniforms with the stripes though, the famous 5 pitchers shot taken right before the World Series for example.
Yeah, I have seen a few discrepancies in Okkonen's work, usually with different cap colors or styles than what he shows. No complaints though, his is a very valuable resource.

Mendelsohn was pretty diligent in his work, which is why I do not believe he would have used a 1915 photo of Ruth-- he would have preferred to wait for another shot. Several of his m101-6s show the player wearing the US Flag patch worn in 1917, and Hornsby (as well as Doak) is shown with a STL sleeve logo used in 1917. I think he was going for a "fresh" look when issuing the photo cards.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.