View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 05:03 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Gary,

Thank you for the kind words. Nice photos and good color correction. The tungsten lights they use in concert lighting can mess up the colors. I still shoot analog aka film so I use tungsten corrected film or flash when I can. Dave Grohl is from the next City over - Alexandria, VA the same hometown as Stewart Copeland of The Police. He and his mom are starting a podcast from what I read.

I am a fan of Pat Smear's original band, The Germs. They never played up in Boston as far as I know as their singer, Darby Crash committed suicide by OD'ing on heroin in 1980. There is a great documentary movie on the LA punk scene - 'The Decline of Western Civilization' by Penelope Spheeris. It features Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, Fear, Catholic Discipline, The Germs and X. Lots of candid footage and concert scenes.
Wow, haven't thought about The Germs in quite awhile. I was actually at their first gig on April 16th, 1977 at the Orpheum Theater on Sunset Blvd. Well, "gig" is not the right word...train wreck is more like it. They couldn't play at all, and 12 bars in to their first song Darby (I think he went by Bobby Pyn at the time) takes out a jar of peanut butter and spreads it all over himself. I guess the promoters had told him not to because of the mess, so they pulled the plug on them and basically kicked them out, taking their small set of drums and throwing them in the corner. LOL The weirdos and the zeros were the other two bands on the bill and they were great (saw both sets from both of them that night). A good book on the scene and that night is "We've got the neutron bomb" by BRENDAN MULLEN AND MARC SPITZ. The only inaccurate account of that night in the book is that the Orpheum was "packed". Me and 2 buddies were sitting about two thirds of the way back with our feet up on the next row of seats and there wasn't anyone remotely near us...and the place only held 100 people.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete