View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 05:20 PM
Doug Goodman

I saw the Blasters open for the Go-Gos at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA on Aug 14, 1982. They were SO good!

In early November 1986 I went to see Slayer do two nights at the Stone in San Francisco, and hooked up with a waitress from the club after the show. We spent the next next couple weeks together (me and the hot redheaded waitress, not Slayer), and I went to the club just about every night. One of the shows I went to was Stanley Clark. I was watching the opening act (Jeffo) and some little drunk homeless looking guy came up to me and starting giving me shit because I was wearing shorts. "It's too cold outside to be wearing shorts" he slurred at me. "That's why I'm inside" I said. He pondered that for a view moments then shrugged and said "Good point" and stumbled away.

Carlos Santana was in the house that night and the buzz was that he would be joining Stanley on stage, but near the end of his set, when Stanley said something to the effect of "Ladies and gentleman, I would like to introduce you all to a friend of mine..." I didn't join in the crowd's excitement of Stanley playing Oye Como Va or something similar, because I could see Carlos standing in the lighting booth. Instead, "... please welcome, Mr. Jaco Pastorius" and that little drunk homeless guy came out and wailed on his bass in a way that I had never seen before, and I toured with Talas (Billy Sheehan) so I had seen some pretty darn good bass playing.

In Jaco's defense, it can get pretty cold in SF that time of year.

Also, I ended up at two weddings with the hot redhead, the first time she was my date when my sister got married, the second was at my wedding, but she was a guest with her mom, not the bride.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 08-10-2021 at 08:17 PM.