View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 01:42 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The Blasters are a rock band out of LA. They mix different styles into their music - early rock, blues, rockabilly and r and b. They had minor success in the early 1980's. Original member Dave Alvin left the band and performs on his own. The remaining original members still perform. Here is his brother Phil Alvin performing at the Iota Club in Arlington, VA about 2006.

alvin.jpg

Stanley Clarke - one of the most respected jazz/rock bassists of the last 40 years. He performed fusion jazz with Return to Forever and also recorded a number of rock influenced albums. This was taken when he was touring with Victor Wooten March, 2011 at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA. He is playing stand up bass here. I am sure baseball fans with like this.

Clarke-1.jpg

Mike Farris - I first saw him perform in Shreveport, LA at the James Burton birthday party / guitar festival. I did not know him by name. I was absolutely blown away by his voice. That rarely happens, especially live. He was in the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies in the 1990's. They had a minor hit with 'Gypsy Lullaby'. After they broke up he was the lead singer of Double Trouble. He became a solo artist and found God. He won both a Dove and a Grammy. He sings mainly gospel and rhythm and blues now. If you are curious check him out on You Tube, especially 'Green, Green Grass of Home' the Porter Waggoner song made popular by Tom Jones. Another good one is "Mercy Now' written by Mary Gauthier. I took my wife to see him at this little basement space under a coffee house in Washington, D.C. in 2009.

farris.jpg

Steve Hackett - originally a member of Genesis. Had quite a bit of success in England as a solo artist. I saw him June, 2010 at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA.

hackett-1.jpg

hackett-2.jpg

David Johansen - I have seen him perform multiple times as himself and Buster Poindexter always with a band. He did an acoustic tour with just a guitar player. I believe it was Brian Delaney who played in the 2000's version of the NY Dolls. These are from the first of two shows I saw on that tour. Jammin Java in Vienna, VA. It was pitiful as the place was not even sold out and it only held about 100 people.

johansen-1.jpg
johansen-2.jpg
johansen-3.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-20-2021 at 01:48 PM.