View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Brian Eno - One of the better signed pages in the book. Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer came to The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA exactly two weeks apart in June, 2006. Four years later in April, 2010 Emerson and Greg Lake appeared at the Birchmere. I was fortunate to get Lake. He was signing outside after the show. This small group was dominating him with 'selfies'. Fortunately. I got him before he jumped on the bus. I had one other item, but he refused at the hotel later.

Brian Eno was an odd one. I read that he was giving a lecture at the Museum of Fine Arts School on the Fenway in Boston. The Fenway is also a road. I was walking towards the school and I saw this person walking towards the mail box. It was him. He happily signed.

elp-&-eno-1.jpg

Earth, Wind and Fire - I got the four members in a matter of 3 days in Washington, D.C. March, 2006. Maurice White was appearing with Maurice Hines (brother of Gregory) at the Smithsonian as part of the Smithsonian Associates program. If you live in the area you can join the program and attend various events, lectures, tours and discussions. It is only open to locals. He was there to discuss the Broadway show they were putting together based on EW&F songs. He was suffering from Parkinson's even then, but I was able to get him to sign. Two days later EW&F were performing at DAR Constitution Hall in D.C. I waiting before the show hoping to catch them before sound check. I asked someone about it and he gave me an after show 'meet and greet pass'. I got the three originals who were there: Verdine White, Philip Bailey and Ralph Johnson. Yes, that is Don Henley at the lower right. He was a bit of a Richard.

EWF-1.jpg

Marianne Faithfull - she signed this after a show at the Paradise in Boston. I neglected to note the year. I remember her standing there signing for quite a while.
faithfull-1.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-20-2021 at 01:07 PM.