View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:51 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Tim Bogert has passed away

Bassist Tim Bogert passed away earlier today of cancer at the age of 76. He is best known for his work with Vanilla Fudge, Jeff Beck Group and Beck, Bogert and Appice. He also did some work with Bob Weir. I had the opportunity to see him play twice: The Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Show at MSG in 1988 and at Jaxx here in Springfield, VA, October, 2006.

This is him and Vinny Martell with Vanilla Fudge at Jaxx. The opening act that night was Cactus. Cactus included 3 original members - Bogert, Carmine Appice and Jim McCarty. Bogert and Appice formed Cactus after Vanilla Fudge broke up. McCarty had been with Mitch Ryder and in the late 70's in the Rockets who had a radio hit with a cover of 'Oh Well'.
bogert-1.jpg

Ticket from the show.
jaxx-1.jpg

From my Rock Book. Bogert signed it 3 times - BBA, Cactus and V. Fudge. Three of the people on this page have passed away, Bogert and Robin and Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees
bogert-2.jpg

3/4 of Vanilla Fudge on the television cue sheet for the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary show. The full item is about 15 pages. My ex Father in Law was president of Madison Square Garden at the time. I got to spend part of the night backstage. I started getting this signed while chasing musicians around Boston. At first I got them on the first page then got smart and had them sign the page that listed their performance. Appice signed the first page. I also have two programs from the show with multiple signatures. I know that Vinny Martell did not play at the show, but he is part of the original band so I had him sign it. My favorite signature on these items is LaVern Baker. She was great and so happy to sign autographs at a small club in Somerville, MA called Johnny D's.
fudge-2.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 01-16-2021 at 03:23 AM.