Thread: IMNSHO
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default IMNSHO

Posted By: Steve Green

wow.. the variety of responses, and opinions, is overwhelming.. and a few of them presented views that might be considered unique to this type of arena, and I thank those individuals for their responses.. also, the detailed explanation of postal procedures undoubtedly will help many of us in the future..

however, there were also several responses that were rude and totally uncalled for.. I won't justify them by responding in kind..

I understand the "last resort" position that Leon and some others presented.. if that's what has worked here, fine.. in the past, I have found that to be a very dangerous option.. none of us could ever be mistaken for "public figures" in court, and I've seen things like this deteriorate to the level where the concepts of "libel" and "slander" begin to come into play.. when I see a thread with the title "Character Assassination" posted in response to some of the comments here, I can't help but remember those similar situations that I've seen elsewhere..

I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone, or if my attempt to intervene was out of place, but I've seen flame threads get out of hand VERY quickly, and I've found that the best course of action is to try to temporarily divert attention elsewhere as fast as possible.. if I have managed to do that, at least partially, then this thread has been worthwhile..