Thread: IMNSHO
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Default IMNSHO

Posted By: Joann

Steve - you don't understand. That's how we do it here.

Actually, it happens very rarely, only in abnormal circ's, and often with a positive outcome for all. In the past week not only has this issue been resolved, but also another dispute arising from a 7-year old transaction was also resolved.

In that case, based on an arm's length ebay deal in which the buyer and seller didn't know one another, both parties decided the other was a liar, thief and cheat. The issue got aired on this board and people here started vouching for the character of both people. Once both parties understood that the other was honest and of good reputation, and with some help from Leon, there was a compromise worked out - 7 years later.

I don't think anyone here really likes when it happens, but aside from getting the actual issue resolved, it also is a small part of the self-regulatory nature of the BST - which is a good thing.

And in the few times I've seen it, no one has ever brought an issue to the board frivolously or recklessly. It's always when there is a genuine impasse, and often when there is also at true question of who is in the right and feedback from others (and we are all very experienced in similar transactions) are considered.

J

ETA: Lee was posting while I was writing. Interesting that Lee sees these things and frequent and I call it rare. Not saying one or the other of us is wrong, just that the difference in perceptions is kind of interesting.