View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Default December buy/sell/trade thread

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I have a few new baseball related cigarette packs for sale...

1914 Fatima 100 Cigarette Tin - Beautiful condition with no dents at all and 80% of the original tax stamp still attached. These are the tins that T200 and T222's came in. Some minor paint missing as seen in the scan. $80.00 shipped.

1914 Hassan Cigarette Pack - complete with inner slide and 1910 tax stamp with 1914 overprint attached. Pack grades ex+. Factory 30, 2d. of NY. $55.00 shipped.

1911 Helmar 20 Count Clam Shell Cigarette Box - Wonderful condition with tax stamp still attached. The back spine is split so top comes completely off (very common) - $30.oo shipped.

Fatima Coupon for College Pennants - No tears but slight discoloration on the left side and some folds. $20.00 shipped.

Photobucket

Egyptienne Straights Clam Shell Cigarette Box - Similar to B18 Blanket Distribution: I recently came into a small grouping of Egyptienne Straights Cigarettes clam shell cigarette boxes. The boxes range in condition from MT to VG-EX (the one pictured below is the worst condition box I have left, the others are MUCH nicer). Egyptienne Straights were used in the distribution of B18 blankets. A blanket was folded into a small pouch and attached to the cigarette box with a paper strip. I believe the boxes for sale below to post-date the distribution of the B18 blankets however no tax stamps are present on the boxes to date them with any precision. $17.00 shipped.
escnewforsale.gif

Recruit Little Cigars Unopened MINT Cigar Slide & Shell Box: This UNOPENED Recuit Little Cigar box is truly the nicest example I have ever encountered. Inside this mint and untouched box are it's original contents. The tax stamp on top is still tightly in place - a true untouched example. Dating to the 1920's, this Recruit box is the same size and configuration of those boxes that would have contained a T207 only a decade earlier. $75.00 shipped.
recruitforsale.gif

1909 Derby Little Cigars Box - Distributed T-UNC Derby New York Giants: This box is the exact Derby Little Cigars box believed to have distributed the aforementioned set. The box has a 1910 tax stamp still partially visible and contains it's original slide. There are absolutely no rips or tears on the box. The front displays EX condition, the back VG-Ex and the slide VG. These boxes are fairly uncommon and not available for sale very often. $75.00 shipped.
derbyforsale.gif

1910-20s Joe Tinker Cigars Glass Box Cover Used in Store Display: This is an interesting item used for display in a 1910s/20s tobacco store. Joe Tinker, Hall of Famer for the Chicago Cubs, had a cigar brand that capitalized on his popularity and bore his name. This glass top cigar box cover would have been used to display the Joe Tinker cigars in the salesman's cigar case. $53.00 shipped.
tinkerforsale.gif

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com