View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:38 AM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Has it been publicly announced anywhere by any of the other big three TPGs (PSA, SGC, & Beckett) and emphatically stated that they will no longer accept ANY card submissions from or through PWCC? If not, and any of them now accepts (or previously accepted) a grading submission from or through PWCC, you should all be saying they too are just as guilty as PWCC because they chose to do business with them, correct?
This is kind of irrelevant in a discussion of CSG and PWCC but, yes, people should be saying that about the other TPGs as well.

Quote:
And by extension then, the bank they use is invariably aiding in their criminal activity, and should be considered an accessory to their crimes. And that goes for the landlord who leases them space, the cleaning company they may hire to vacuum and dust their offices, the store that sells them office supplies, heck, even the US postal service is guilty for continuing to deliver them mail that aids and abets their criminal operations.
This, of course, is nonsense.

There is a difference between a cleaning company, who is likely unaware of the criminal activities of PWCC and a grading company who is absolutely aware of them.

Quote:
"If you partner up with an enterprise that is a known criminal enterprise, you're no longer an innocent party who has done nothing wrong."

So based on what you seem to be implying for yourself and many other people here on Net54 with those words, is that when the FBI finally completes their investigation of PWCC and goes forward with criminal prosecution, we should expect an enormous number of people to end up going to jail, including all the people working with other businesses that supported and helped to maintain PWCC's criminal operations by offering and providing them their goods and services.
See above.

Quote:
Those are your words, incorporating a quote from me, not mine. Maybe you can explain that to the single Mom with two little kids at home as she gets hauled off to jail because she needed the job and money from being a receptionist and just answering the phones at PWCC.
You're being silly, as I'm sure you know. There is quite obviously a difference between working for PWCC not knowing their activities and working with them when you're fully aware of them AND you're assisting in those activities by grading cards.

Quote:
Chris, you're a good guy
Your judgment is suspect.

Also, thanks

Quote:
I trust you can see my logic and reasoning behind what I'm saying. And though you put forth the most obvious reasons for CSG doing this (money and market share), I was hoping to get into a little deeper discussion of specific points that may have swayed CSG to make the decision to go forward. Along with the possibility that there may actually be some good coming from this arrangement, such as a flat rate grading fee finally being seen in the hobby. Forgive my foolishness for actually thinking that such an adult conversation could take place on this forum in regards to such a testy and controversial subject, without it also releasing the juvenile trolls that just love to bark and bite at one's ankles.
It's a little disingenuous to complain about "juvenile trolls" and sarcastic replies when you yourself post obviously non-serious replies about cleaning people being criminals.

CSG could have implemented the flat rate grading outside of a relationship with PWCC. This certainly seems like a positive step for the grading industry. While I certainly understand why companies haven't done it before (besides the obvious increased revenue, there are greater risks and possible costs associated with grading more expensive cards), the inherent conflict of interest has always bothered me. But correcting that conflict didn't necessitate getting into business with PWCC. And getting into business with PWCC kinda offsets any positive things that CSG might be doing.