View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default Response to Allegations

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Doug, thanks for the "response." I had a couple of questions if I may. I don't mean to be a pain in the ass or even remotely infringe upon your defense to these allegations, but since you talked to the reporter I thought you might want to allay some concerns here. If you're unable, I obviously understand.

First, you claim that Mastro is not under investigation but it would appear from the article and the quotes that Mastro is believed, by both the Ohio prosecutor and the liquidator that Mastro is believed to have done something wrong. Are those quotes incorrect? Or are you just being literally correct about the fact that the investigation is on its way but not currently ongoing?

Second, you note that the story's primary source is "unsubstantiated" and "unnamed." And you used quotes around those words. Are you quoting from the article? If not, where do those quotes come from? Who has claimed that the source is "unsubstantiated?"

The Ohio prosecutor apparently told the NY Daily News that they discovered "questionable practices that resulted in inflated prices and auction house commissions." Do you have any idea as to what they are talking about? Have you been informed as to what the purported questionable practices are that they are referring to?

Finally, do you have any clue why the State of Ohio would be going after you guys?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed here.