View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:39 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
Understand. No negative intent directed any you or anyone. I'm not a tit-for-tat guy, nor do I attack anyone for their comments, opinions, or beliefs. So if someone gets offended or takes what I say personally, even though it wasn't my intent, then I have no problem apologizing. Thanks!
Tony, no worries, you're fine. Didn't take anything you said as a negative. Just thought maybe some people were unaware of what has come out regarding sexual harassment and abuse allegations against Vizquel.

Totally understand and can't disagree with your comment about it being a hall of fame and not a hall of saints though. Because of the timing of these allegations, Vizquel's HOF chances are likely gone for good. But look at the situation of Roberto Alomar, his former teammate and brother of Sandy Alomar Jr., whom Vizquel also played with in Cleveland for many years. Roberto got elected to the HOF in 2011, and then the details of his sexual misconducts and other actions came out and were verified in 2014, a few years after his induction to Cooperstown. There had been rumors of such sexual misconduct prior to his HOF election, but nothing concrete or verified at the time. That, plus his incident of spitting on umpire John Hirschbeck, are what likely kept him from getting elected to the HOF in 2010, the first year he was eligible.

After the 2014 allegations came out and were investigated and verified by MLB, Alomar's position as a consultant to MLB was terminated, and he was permanently placed on MLB's ineligible list, the same list that Joe Jackson and Pete Rose are on that keeps them from getting elected to the HOF. Yet the HOF leaves Alomar's plaque on the wall, and has no plans of ever removing it. So there is a lot of truth to your comment.

Last edited by BobC; 01-14-2022 at 12:42 PM.