View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I am unvaxed and will stay that way. I had Covid in December. I had a very low grade fever and a sore throat. That's it. Once the symptoms went away, I kept testing positive, but finally got 2 consecutive negatives and was able to go back to work. I'll gladly take a couple of mild symptoms over a vaccine with well documented major side effects.

About a month earlier, in early November, I was on the treadmill at my gym doing my usual 30 minutes of cardio. About 7 minutes into my run, I got out of breath and had to slow down to a walk. After a couple of minutes, I resumed my run, but the same thing happened again quickly. I finished the rest of the 30 minutes walking. The first time it happened, my hands were on the heart rate meter and my HB went from 127 to 64 instantly. After that, every time I would exert myself I would get out of breath. For a long time, I thought it was a respiratory/pulmonary problem. The problem continued and I recently found out it was a heart problem. My heart rate kept getting lower and lower by the day.

As I sit here typing, I'm at Methodist Hospital West Houston with with a pacemaker that was installed earlier today. They first implanted a temporary pacemaker because they felt it was an emergency (my HB was 16) until they could put a permanent pacemaker in this afternoon. The procedure went great and the good news was that my heart is healthy and I might not need the pacemaker for the rest of my life. I ho home tomorrow morning.

In between the temporary pacemaker and the permanent pacemaker, they did an echocardiogram. I was talking to the tech and the subject of vaccines came up. She was vaccinated, but said she'd seen so many people with organ failure as a result of the vaccine. I'm not going to listen to statistics from either side to sway me either way. I'll get it straight from the mouth of healthcare workers and I've talked to many with similar stories. They don't have an agenda.

If I take the vaccine and boosters, I have a 98% chance of living if I get covid again. If I don't take the vaccine, I have 100% chance of not developing major side effects. It's an easy choice for me, but everyone can make their own health choices.