View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Wayne Walker

I'm serious about my question above, though. In terms of JSA and PSA, does anyone here believe they are guilty of a crime? I'm not defending their business practices, but I see negligence here, not fraud. I love reading Nash's blog, and if these posts can help move auction houses (and thereby the general buying public) away from total dependence on these authenticators, then I'm all for it. However, when he makes statements like the last sentence of the latest post ("Sources we spoke with could not confirm whether the FBI is currently investigating PSA and JSA for their ties to fraudulent Babe Ruth memorabilia"), he seems to be intimating something for which I have seen no proof or even heard a cogent argument. We need not rehash his own transgressions, but statements like this seem to be mere deflection and a sour grapes of the hopeful kind, if you know what I mean.

Simply put, I think the alphabets are just bad at Ruth autographs. I'd love to hear about any knowledge of ties they might have to larger conspiratorial behavior. Nash sure doesn't have any, or we can bet he would be shouting it right now.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all