View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
If its one player that passes away , in the context of life, i dont think thats a big deal. Its very possible in their age group many would get the virus and one would die, maybe even more.

One can argue that without the lack of structure and all of the corona testing and safeguards in baseball, that the players on the whole would be at more risk at home

We all know how 18-25 year olds are acting now. Going to parties and events that they would not be doing so easily if under the eye of the league

Just saying its not all in a vacuum.
Funny story, since COVID-19 is so funny: A University campus takes up half of our census tract. Rich kids from out-of-state, paying a fortune to go to a private university. So they've been partying since early March when this all began - never stopped. There are four party houses within a block of us, and all the kids just go to whichever one is currently hosting a party.

So a few days ago they stopped partying - no more beer pong in the front yard, no more groups of kids sun-bathing, no more groups of drunks wandering past our house from one party to another.

So I notice our 'infected' numbers, which had been at 0-5 for three months, go to 5-9. The next day they are 10-14. Two days later they are 15-19. Still no kids anywhere to be seen. Yesterday I'm out walking the dog and as we walk past the biggest of the party houses, I see a kid sitting on the porch. I ask him if someone got sick. He says: "Yeah, I think so."

Me: "I guessed as much, since the parties stopped."
Him: "Yeah, that was a smart move."

So think about it: You've got 50-100 college kids all going to the same parties, one gets sick, and it must be bad because asymptomatic rich college kids don't get tested. You're a college kid and you find out about it. Are you going to the next party?

Bodies in the street. Only way this ever ends. I'm so proud of our future leaders.

Last edited by Runscott; 07-02-2020 at 04:31 PM.