View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 AM
Matthew Glidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserCurt View Post
Wow! That’s really neat. I wished they taught cursive at school because I have no idea how to read what’s on the actual letter. A lost art.
Helpful if we transcribe? UPDATE: Fixed details noted by people below.

Page 1 [with my notes]: "Buck, happy you got your letter, cards, and the lists. Saw your pic in [Woody] Gelman's paper and can see you're in there fighting all the time. On the lists -- they look fine. I'd be afraid to show any ignorance by adding or subtracting. I think, though, on the final [American] Tract Society item -- if they are sold for about 1 cent as you say, I think I'd list along with the other regular W-items or as W646 to be exact. That Y group are more the give-away Sunday (?) School card. The The W- stuff is more the sold-for-money type, so I'll recommend to [Charles] Bray it be changed to W646.

Ordinarily I'd mail it to Bray today but there's a good chance I'll be going out there tomorrow. A Brooklyn guy, Les Morris, probably will give me a ring this evening and tell me to be ready in the morning. We've been over twice this year already and probably would have gone last Thursday (his day off) if it hadn't been a rainy day.

The new stuff coming out is simply amazing. I get very little of it any more and if I tried to run it all down I guess that's about all I'd be able to do. I got a few things that appeal to me but for general purposes my collection ends about two years ago.

Are you getting any of Orem's stuff. I've got a few things the biggest lot being the 58 Ramly B.B. It's a great opportunity to get some good stuff but I can't handle many of the lots as most of it would be resale material and I don't want to get into that end of it very much. I sent him a want list and..."

Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest-running on-line collecting club. Find us at oldbaseball.com.

Last edited by Spike; 05-04-2020 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Fixed name and set reference in bold