View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 03:13 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Can we know what the item is?

Any chance the player was wrong about not using it(I once had Chris chambliss tell me he didn't bring any bats from Cleveland with his number 14 on them to the Yankees, but there's photos of him using them after the trade.
It was a Robinson Cano Glove. No question Cano didn't use it. The glove was obtained from someone overseas. Someone else's name is written on the straps. Cano and his agent, without question, said the glove wasn't used by Cano.

Many foreign players buy extra gloves and bats and give them to family members and friends overseas, which is common. The glove is an Official Robinson Cano glove, but it wasn't used by him.

You know me from GAMEUSEDUNIVERSE, and you know how anal I am in doing research (Hence, the 1996 Arod HR #15 bat). I dig and dig until all efforts are exhausted (which is what Auction Houses should also be doing before putting their name on the item). Many like to justify in their minds that something could still possibly be good. I go off solid facts. Do you honestly think if the glove was legit, someone would be stupid enough to write their name on the glove and use it?. As you can clearly see, the name was written on the straps and the glove was used a lot thereafter. For Auction House A to tell me they still stand behind their "so called" reliable source, after all the proof I provided, proves that it's all about the $$$ for them! Not much to debate!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pics%20399.jpg (51.7 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 03-03-2016 at 04:57 AM.