View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Default Machine Vision/Computer Vision Card App

Hi everyone - given the ongoing problems w the TPGs - I'm considering starting a side project building out a machine vision application for identifying cards that are altered or fake(starting w 33 Goudeys) A secondary goal would be to assign some basic numerical scores to things like corners and surface and centering.

I have some experience in this area having sold my machine vision (commonly known as computer vision) tech company to IAS in 2015 - so testing this out for a single set would be very straightforward. I'd like to make it freely accessible to see what(if any) utility it creates. If it works w Goudey cards then it could in theory be expanded but i am nearly certain (after the scrapbook adventure and knowing the markers for real Goudey's) that I could easily id fakes and alterations using a high res image and a decent learning library of real cards and fakes.

If I actually get a loose demo running I'll need some training images of different kinds of fakes but for now I'm just open to feedback. I think an automated grading system like this could generate some numbers that would just become one thing in many that you consider when buying a card - no slab necessary.

Last edited by kevinlenane; 12-21-2019 at 07:50 PM.