View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I'm in.
As a suggestion, why not take as many entries as possible and then let Graig decide what size to give the winner based on the final total.
Either way let us know how we enter.
Mark
Mark,

I think the idea, as least for the initial raffle(s), was to have a set size that would fit Graig's schedule and a fixed goal amount for that size (in line with his going rates), and if it goes way over that goal, then to roll those entries into the next raffle. Also, it would be up to the winner if they wanted to stick with the set size, or pay the difference to upgrade to a larger size.

One thing that is important to note is that this is not like a traditional raffle where someone is profiting from administering the raffle, or the items were donated and all the proceeds are going to charity. I mean, obviously the money is going to Graig in the end, but by capping the number of entries per raffle so that a set amount of money is raised, he's essentially being paid what he would normally make for a commissioned painting. If the first one or two go as well as it looks like they will, with plenty of participation, there's nothing to say that it couldn't be set up for a larger/more expensive commission next time, or even two smaller pieces per raffle (pending coordination with Graig's work schedule, of course).

I do think that this could also be a good way for Graig/Dean to move some pieces that were done on spec or have not sold for whatever reason, but the idea for this first round was for the prize to be a commissioned piece.