Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 11:19 PM
R0b Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
I agree wholeheartedly on both the National Copper Plates (actually predate the Sporting News and the real rookie) and the M101’s, these are simply gorgeous cards when seen in person in nice condition. I have each of the Wagners in my sets of these, the Copper is bound in the original booklet in near perfect condition. The Sporting News is also in strong condition but has some minor wear on close inspection. Both are entirely unaltered.

I am sure it exists, but I have not seen another national copper plate wagner at all in my 33 years of collecting.

They are my favorite sets in my collection.
Those are beautiful. Out of curiosity, what makes you think that the National Copper Plate Wagner predates the M101-1 Sporting News? Both were issued in 1899, correct?

I know that the National Copper Plate cards were issued 1898 and 1899 and the M101-1 Sporting News cards were issued weekly during the 1899 and 1900 seasons, but it seems as though both Wagners were issued in 1899. The M101-1 actually has the exact date of August 19, 1899 printed on it while the National Copper Plate has just 1899 noted.

There has been a National Copper Plate Wagner for what seems like years. I wish that it fit in my collecting budget.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13216270408...QAAOSwIWVY9VvV

REA also had a real nice bound near set several years ago that had a really nice Wagner in it.

Last edited by robertsmithnocure; 12-06-2021 at 11:28 PM.