View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 02:57 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Where do you propose they should have or even could have moved it last year while the whole country was in a major pandemic the likes of which hadn’t been seen in 100 years?
Please don't bomb me with should haves or I would nevers, but...

Dallas has had their show the last couple months, I'm sure most people have seen the social media and other posts regarding it - and yes I understand that show is still a fraction of what a National would be.

I think a couple of the big hold ups for Dallas/Houston being a location has been (a) Dallas may not have the best convention facilities?, and (b) Texas is a long haul for both the East Coast and West Coast folks. Pretty sure (b) is the main issue.

Both are easy flights in and out and plenty of hotel space, etc. Houston has great convention space, although the City has been preventing some big shows from happening so even here we aren't immune to that aspect.

I fear we just may not quite "be there" yet for a show like this, but we do still have nearly 4 months. I'm optimistic they can hold it, but could be "different" than in the past.