View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Default FS: Antique Yale University Lantern Slide Catalog Cabinets - Ideal for Collectibles

I have several antique library card and lantern slide cabinets from Yale University available for sale, individually or as a set.

I recently sold a collection of four of these units to a prominent net54 member (reference available upon request) who suggested I post here to attract the attention of other serious card collectors who would like to store and display their collections in style and security.

A few years ago, Sterling Memorial Library (Yale's flagship library) underwent significant renovations and a precious few free-standing card catalog cabinets were removed. Subsequently a wave of library renovations has moved across the lovely New Haven campus, and other libraries decommissioned their library card catalogs.

I have several different types of Yale card catalogs available for sale. There is in almost every case, more than one available of each type.

Featured here is only one type, previously used to store lantern slides.
The drawer orientation differs from standard library card catalogs. Vertically oriented, the drawers are are 5 inches tall and three inches wide- perfect for baseball cards.

DETAILS AND DIMENSIONS:
Each Unit is comprised of a base with legs, and four sections with 14 drawers each, for a total of 56 drawers. The entire unit is hard rock maple, dovetailed construction. All drawer pull hardware is solid brass. Please note I do not have the top covers available.

Overall Dimensions:
60” tall (ground to top) x 17” deep x 33” wide

Internal (functional) Drawer Dimensions:
3 3/8 ” wide x 4 7/8” tall x 15 1/2” deep

PRICE AND CONTACT INFO:
Each Catalog is $1300. I am happy to entertain fair offers, and will certainly negotiate liberally if you purchase more than one catalog. Delivery within 200 mile radius of New Haven can be arranged at a reasonable rate. Please contact me at 315Whitney@gmail.com for more information, for more photos of these or other card catalogs, or to discuss any of the above.

Thanks,
Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3nb3o53l45O55T45Pda1p0150460f82c21850.jpg (7.4 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg 3n83m23l95O95Pc5R8a1pcd0699a86d6410c7.jpg (7.3 KB, 350 views)