View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Any updates Leon?
First of all, though it seems this way, I am not the spokesperson for SGC. I have merely relayed some messages and have a major interest as almost all of my collection is in their holders and we use them for our auction company, almost solely. I guess if that makes me a spokesperson so be it. But there is absolutely nothing formal about it and they have never said I am one nor do I think I am one. That being said I have had some discussions with Sean, at SGC, in the last few days on this subject. They have a group of executives that make their decisions and the final decision is Dave F.'s, their owner. Any business owners here will be a bit empathetic to their situation. While running a business the number one focus is on your customers. SGC has always done that very well, and dare I say better than some other companies in their space. I think SGC probably does have a fair amount invested in the first design they put out, which looks good but doesn't seem to have at least the borders, which almost everyone seems to want. It is probably not an insurmountable issue but it is something to think about.

Some of our members who express strong opinions probably haven't ever even submitted to them. However, those folks very well might have SGC graded cards, and buy and sell them, so that can't be ignored. I feel SGC will probably wait and see what more gets said and done before they do anything. They are fielding a ton of phone calls too. My strong recommendation was to indeed take a step back, let a bit of time (a few days) go by, and see what transpires. With big decisions it's almost always better to take some time to make it.
At then end of our last conversation the last thing I said was "do what your customers want, within reason, keep them as your main focus, make a good decision based on them, and all will be good." If businesses take care of their customers, and have a good product, the rest takes care of itself.

And it is true, from my experience moderating this forum and running some businesses, you can never make everyone happy. But you can try .

And whomever is saying they feel this might be a money grab is off base, I believe. This process came about because the industry is crying for more security in the cases. I believe PSA has recently upgraded and as a competitor of theirs SGC needed to do likewise, not just for competitive purposes, but for their own need in having a more secure holder. Some conspiracy theorists will always think otherwise. I absolutely don't think it's a money grab.