View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 10:24 AM
Chase

I do not have much in the market but when Wall St starts to correct I change my card spending habits because I know most people will get nervous and change their habits. In the bigger picture with gas remaining high, interest rates going up and inflation staring us in the face, I think we will see prices drop (continue to drop) on the cards which are bought by the average collector. At the very least demand will suffer. The cost of living is way up and cards do not feed you when you are hungry. The extremely wealthy collector/investor might pull back a bit but I could still see record prices being paid for elite type material.

On the other hand let's look to March of 2020. DJIA went from almost 30K to roughly 19K and did not recover until Dec 2020. During that time we were all locked down being told Covid would kill us all and card values went up. Further the hobby got the attention of lots of new people who jumped in with both feet. Yes the feds were tossing money at people and many found themselves unable to travel, entertain, etc but I am not sure how much of that influenced prices or to what degree it was a factor.