View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Do you people really think Jeffrey needs Brent's fee? He represents people whose fees are into the 7 and 8 figures and has zero financial need to represent Brent. What he does have is a love of the hobby and is in a unique position to try and do his part to help fix this as best as he possibly can.

Did you read what he has written about Brent before he took him on as a client? Do you think on a personal level and as a baseball card collector he feels any differently today? I can assure you his level of nausea is as high as all of ours is.

Although I am not privy to the innerworkings of exactly what is transpiring between all of the parties (Jeff, Brent, law enforcement, etc), I am as familiar as any of you are as to the type of person and attorney he is. It would completely go against everything I know about the guy my entire life if he is just going to accept some BS fee that he doesn't need to roll over on the hobby he loves so much.

In the few months since this has all come out, apparently significant amounts of restitution has been paid back to people f*cked over by Brent, Moser and the rest. Articles have appeared in the national media that might not have appeared otherwise. Word is slowly circulating throughout the hobby while Steve Sloan and PSA are putting out ridiculous propaganda pieces. Would you prefer Sloan's statements to be the authority on how this all plays out?

I know you're all pissed off and I am too. We all wish Brent would lose every penny he has, go out of business, and share a cell with Moser for the next 10 years. But the reality in this country is that is not likely to happen. But what I can assure you is that this is the early innings of a 9 inning game and I suspect there will be more to come. Try to think through this rationally....does a guy who represents John Gotti Jr and El Chapo need to take a case like this for the fee? Or is there more to this?

My suggestion to everyone, if possible, is to take a deep breath and let this play out. Stop attacking him for things that have nothing to do with the case as we all have skeletons in our closet and some here have skeletons in the hobby. When he was suing Mastro, leading the fight against Mastro, most of you were attacking him too – mainly because you were in bed with Mastro or because he had pointed out your own fraud. Try to see the bigger picture here and reread what he had to say about Brent a mere few weeks ago. While I am in no way insinuating he would ever do anything not in the best interest of his client, I suspect there is more here than you or I can know. Let's see where this goes in the next few months and I imagine we all could be pleasantly surprised.