View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 11:09 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Thank you for the reply, Bob. Aside from the round shape of it, I would think that the advertising on back makes it just as legitimate of a card as a Croft’s Candy or anything else. Those items that you mentioned are made of fabric and obviously wouldn’t qualify as cards, you are correct. I also don’t believe any of the TPG’s grade S74 Silks or Ferguson Bakery pennants but they all grade Colgan’s Chips cards.
They are also printed on thin paper, not cardboard, like most cards are either. I agree they are a great collectible, and have quite a few myself. They just don't get the same appreciation (and value) since there is less demand for them as they aren't what is typically thought of as cards. Less demand = less value.

As Adam alluded to though, as other, more mainstream card prices rise, collectors eventually look to other more affordable options, like Colgan's Chips cards. Especially HOFers and stars.

I also like other oddball issues like the S74 silks and BF2 felt pennants. And you can get those graded as well. It is PSA only I believe that doesn't grade the S74s and BF2s. I know SGC grades them both. Not sure about Beckett. Had heard CSG grades the silks as well. Haven't heard if they're doing the BF2s yet, but if they're doing the S74 silks, I assume they'll grade the BF2s as well.