View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goudey1933 View Post
The buyer after 5 attempts by myself,contacted me stating he recieved the books 7/13...the day after the claim.Still he has not further sesponded to paypal attempts to communicate nor cancelled the claim freeing funds.I kindly asked him to do so through an ebay message this afternoon.My instinct says this guys playing games figuring he'll milk this for awhile.Suggestions?I figure I'll give him atleast one more day...then what would be an appropiate step?I did message paypal stating he recieved the books.
Thanks,
Scott Altland
PS. when I finally get my $$ ,at the very least I will block his bidding.
My guess is he's just either too lazy or too much of a jerk to bother to cancel the claim. Or it's possible that he sees this as something he's doing to "teach you a lesson" to ship quicker or to always use tracking. You would be surprised the misguided reasons some buyers will come up with for why they should be justified in making you squirm, when the reality is they are just being a jerk.

I would caution you against "escalating" the matter to have eBay decide the issue. I was in a similar situation once when an international buyer filed a claim after a few days, well before the package could have possibly reached her, and we messaged back and forth, me trying to explain that she had to be patient when ordering things from another country, her complaining that it was for a birthday or something that was now going to be late. It was pretty much daily e-mails back and forth until about the time I would have expected the package to arrive, and she stopped responding at all. This was all in the "communication" phase of the claim process, when they had seized the money from my account, but not yet refunded it to her. More time passed, and the claim was still open. I asked her to drop it, and still no response. Finally, something like 6-8 weeks after she filed the original claim, when there was no more communication (and she still had not received the refund at this point), I escalated the claim to eBay for resolution, it being obvious to me that she had received it (or else why stop asking for a refund). Even though Ebay could not get a response out of her either, they still ruled in her favor, and gave her a full refund. Had I not escalated the claim, I would have still been out the money (indefinitely?), but at least she would not have the item AND her money back.