View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Default THE MONSTER - "Making Noise"

Posted By: Phil

Thanks Michael (and thanks to everyone else for their opinions).

Michael, no offense taken. My wife and I have been very diligent financially and took all the necessary steps and sacrifices so we would never be in a financial pickle. I thought you were lumping me into the group of people that bought $500,000 homes with interest-only loans or the people that have $50,000+ on their credit cards and can barely make minimum monthly payments. I agree with you on taking out a loan vs. selling my cards then. I have a hard time paying a bank when I have something that sits in a few cardboard boxes on a shelf in my home office.

I will answer a few other questions here:

What we did with the money was we built a 2 car garage. We planned on building a finished "play" room above it. Over the weekend we went to a local electronics store and made the mistake of going into the "theater room". What we saw blew us away. A 98" High Def screen with reclining theater seats. We put away enough cash to pay for the entire garage. Now to make an ultimate home theater in the room above, it will cost us about another $15,000.

We don't have kids and we both work very hard all week.....usually at least 5.5 days a week. So, after some discussion, we decided let's do it. I was drooling over the thought of High-Def sports on a 98" screen. I instantly told my wife that I'd sell my cards. She said, "No, you don't have to do that".

Now, before some reply by saying, "Do you really need a 98" screen and custom theater seats, custom sound, etc., etc." The answer is, of course not. Nobody NEEDS that. But as someone asked, would I/we get as much enjoyment out of the added feature (home theater) as I do from my T206s, I would answer that with YES! We will be living in that room. I rarely take my T206s out of the box to look at. Another question, was would this improvement increase the value of your home? Answer is, YES!

I thank each and every one of you guys/gals for your responses. I think that I'll look into a loan and see what it will cost me. Knowing myself, I will probably pay the loan off in 3 or 4 months anyways. I HATE DEBT.

If anyone is interested in possibly purchasing the collection as a whole, please email and we can discuss price, etc.

Thanks again!