View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 11:05 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I'm saying we need to stop pretending as a society that we can eradicate all crime/poor behavior with legislation. It's hilarious that one thing the majority of both sides of the political spectrum agree on is that they don't trust government, yet I often see people clambering for more laws (AKA bigger government). Again, cocaine/heroine/etc. are illegal, yet run rampant in this country. How? Schools are fun free Zones, yet we have school shootings. How? Laws are for the law-abiding. If we want to truly solve this solution, we'll all discuss what you and I agree should be discussed in the first point. Those are the topics that build the foundation for better, healthier people, and a safer society.
I appreciate the reply, and I'm starting to understand where you're coming from. In spirit, I agree with much of this. Practically, though, I think there is a huge web of complex problems to disentangle if we're going to get there. Would enough Americans agree on ways to form such a foundation?

(And, I have many thoughts on the very important issues you mentioned regarding trust in government and illegal drugs, but I'll hold off on veering this thread into even more controversial territory...)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry